PANDEMIC OPERATIONAL PLAN
Pandemic Operational Plan – The Bride’s Closet
Date: May 19/20
Business address: 279 Selby St Nanaimo BC V9R 2R2
At The Bride’s Closet, the health of our employees and customers are important to us. We have created this document to clarify the actions that The Bride’s Closet will take in order to ensure the wellbeing of everyone in our place of business and community. This document can be found at the staff cork board and the mirror room and regularly will be updated by Business Owner Fern Descoteau. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact Fern Descoteau at 250 753-4975 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We require all guests (Bride and 2 guests MAX, No Children) to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering our shop. All guests are required to wear a mask, gloves & slippers while in the shop. (We will supply these items) but if you would rather bring your own mask, please do.
We look forward to giving you the best bridal experience possible during these unprecedented times.
COVID-19 SIGNAGE IN PUBLIC AREAS
The Bride’s Closet will affix signage on proper hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and physical distancing throughout the facility and outdoor settings as applicable. At a minimum, signage must be placed at any common entrance and location where people tend to congregate. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact Fern Descoteau at 250 753-4975 or email at email@example.com
PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES
The Bride’s Closet will ensure the physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) at all times for both our clients and employees inside our business as well as any lines entering our place of business. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact 250 753-4975 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following physical distancing measures are in place at this location:
• Clients and employees must not be permitted to congregate in groups;
• Designated employee should monitor adherence to physical distancing requirements on premises;
• The number of clients and employees on-site will be restricted.
• Customers may partake in their activity while maintaining physical distancing requirements;
• The workplace furniture has been be altered to ensure physical distancing requirements
• Situations where physical distancing will not work, ie fittings or helping a client into a dress, both client and employee will wear masks and gloves.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROCEDURES
The Bride’s Closet has developed cleaning protocols to ensure that all common areas are cleaned and disinfected after each appointment where required
The following cleaning and disinfection procedures are in place at this location:
• The Bride’s Closet will ensure that all the necessary supplies such as hot/cold potable running water, liquid soap, paper towel, and garbage bins, for handwashing; or minimum 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer; toilet paper, cleaning and disinfecting supplies and personal protection equipment (non-medical masks and disposable gloves) are available as appropriate.
• The Bride’s Closet will ensure that employees are trained on how to clean and disinfect surfaces and use personal protection equipment if needed.
• Employees cleaning the workspaces should read and follow manufacturer’s instruction for safe use of cleaning and disinfection and the direction from these will be used according to the label directions and instruction from Fern Descoteau. Cleaning and disinfecting supplies that clean and disinfect all at once may require the use of disposable gloves, these should be disposed of appropriately after cleaning.
• Employees and clients should not be present in the area during the cleaning of the workplace to allow enough contact time for disinfectants to kill germs based on the product being used.
• Items such as countertops, chairs shared tools and equipment, phones, whiteboard markers, cashier equipment, light switches, public washrooms, doorknobs, handrails, cabinet handles, faucet handles, and furniture need to be disinfected more frequently throughout the day.
The following cleaning and disinfection supplies are available at this location:
Cleaning supplies, ie Allen’s multi-purpose cleaning vinegar. Disinfectant supplies, ie Compliments Multi-Surface disinfectant.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS AND HYGIENE
The Bride’s Closet will ensure that all employees are informed of the best practices to encourage proper hygiene etiquette. Additionally, the necessary products and equipment will be available to you in the workplace to follow these best practices. Health and Safety is a responsibility that belongs to everyone is the workplace and we encourage you to review WorkSafe BC resources like COVID-19 Industry Information. We have also reviewed our sick leave policy & Health and safety policy to ensure employees are not coming to work unless they are healthy.
The following employee wellness and hygiene procedures are in place at this location:
While at work to help stop the spread of germs:
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the used tissue in the trash;
• If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not in your hands and then wash your hands immediately afterwards;
• When coming into work and leaving work, please wash/sanitize your hands for 20 seconds
• Respect the 2-meter physical distancing measures with all your colleagues and clients;
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• We encourage you to remind your colleagues and clients of the wellness and hygiene measures put into place.
Should you feel unwell (I.e. coughing, sneezing, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, etc.), think you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, or have someone from your household return from travelling abroad:
• If you have symptoms or think that you might have COVID-19, please use the Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19.
• Please notify your employer
• We ask that you do not present yourself at work with COVID-19 symptoms and self-isolate for 14 consecutive days
• Please be aware that you will be required to provide a fit-to-work assessment before coming back into the workplace;
The following employee hygiene procedures guide/posters are in place at this location:
Posters are in place in the staff areas.
The following employee hygiene equipment and products are available at this location:
Masks, gloves, soap, cleaning supplies, Allen’s multi-purpose cleaning vinegar. Disinfectant supplies, Compliments Multi-Surface disinfectant.
SCREENING OF EMPLOYEES BEFORE EVERY SHIFT
The Bride’s Closet will pre-screen all those who enter the workplace with educational posters. This pre-screening will be contactless.
The provincial health officer of BC and the BC CDC have issued that anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must self-isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days. Should you feel ill at any point while at work, you must notify your supervisor immediately.
• These protocols will vary depending on the business and could include:
o Instructing employees to use a self-assessment tool if they need help determining whether they should seek further care;
o Requiring the employee to go home to self- monitor should they show reasonable signs of symptoms;
Advising those who are either symptomatic and/or have been advised by Public Health to self-isolate, to remain home and not enter the premises
Contact the local public health authority should there be a confirmed or suspected case